Thursday 19 March 2009

About me and the project

Hi everybody, my name is Alessia and I would like to introduce my self.I'm 23 years old, I'm studying political science and human rights in Padova .I'm living ....uhm..in the word.I have been working and studying for 3 years in Spain, Ireland and France..and now in Costa Rica.When I came back in Italy one years ago for my thesis, I promised to my self that I will not travel for a bit, but after a while I understood that was not possible for me to stop. So I' m carrying on with my studies and working for something in I belive: Equal possiblities for everybody!

So, now I m' in Costa Rica.The european voluntary service is giving us the possibility to know another culture, travel in the other part of the word and help in main activities like the promotion of a responsible tourism in harmony with the nature, learn the language of the indigenous, ngobe and brunka and, of course, improve our spanish.In particular this project intends to give to us the opportunity to contribute with indigenous communities in their cultural and environmental strengthening and diffusion, promoting cultural exchange, involvement of cultural minorities, rural development, international cooperation and Youth in Action.The present project will take place in Heredia, Costa Rica, next to the capital city San José and mainly in Southern Costa Rica, in direct collaboration with the Ngäbe indigenous communities of Punta Burica and Osa Peninsula, living in one of the most preserved and biodiverse regions of the country and of the world, but at the same time with social, economic and geographical obstacles, as well as educational difficulties and important cultural differences.The main activities of this voluntary project are related to the promotion of educative, cultural and community-based ecotourism in indigenous territories. These include: to undertake a systematization of ecotouristic activities in the indigenous territories, strengthening pre-existing activities that contribute to cultural and environmental rescue, thru workshops, defining for each activity, possible promotion mechanisms and designing and carrying out the training in the territories. In addition, new cultural and environmental ecotouristic activities will be identified and designed to incorporate them to the community tourism program.

The activities will also give us the possibility to discover, know and understand other cultures and other ways of life, by better understanding different existing realities in the world and taking some action, as well as to better recognize themselves as a mutual understanding between people from different countries and cultures.

For fulfill that we will give english lesson to the child of the school, and we will offer to the adults cours for be able to be a guide of them territory and we will draw a touristic map of the territory.

In the next intervention I will explain what about the indigenous , the protagonist of this wonderfull experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment